Topics Map > Networks & Connectivity > WiscVPN
WiscVPN - Installing the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
This document will show how to download WiscVPN using the Palo Alto GlobalProtect App available on Android devices.
Note: This application has known functionality issues in which the user may be unable to connect after the initial setup. See workarounds below.
Installing the Palo Alto GlobalProtect App
- Navigate to the Google Play Store
- Search for the GlobalProtect App
- Install (if necessary) and open the App. If you experience any issues installing the app, please see: WiscVPN - Uninstalling the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
- Visit WiscVPN - Connecting to the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Android) for steps on connecting to WiscVPN through the App.
If, when reattempting to connect to WiscVPN, your application becomes stuck on "Discovering Network", try the following solutions:
- Remove yourself as a user and re-authenticate.
- Clear the VPN portal and reconnect.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application. Detailed instructions can be found here: WiscVPN - Uninstalling the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
- While the connection is loading, lock your screen and unlock it
We recommend basic troubleshooting: make sure your security settings are allowing the app to work properly. Anti-virus apps, as well as other VPNs might affect the functionality of the app.