Topics Map > Campus Services > WiscWeb CMS
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Embedding RSS Feeds
These instructions can be used to place an RSS feed into a UW Theme page in WordPress. RSS Feeds are a way of delivering external news content to your website in a way that keeps them regularly updated. The UW WordPress Theme can use RSS feeds, however it does require you to use 'shortcode' to import that into a text block on a page.
NOTE: For information on how to use a feed from UW-Madison News, be sure to also see the bottom of this page.
1. Navigate to the page you'd like to add your RSS Feed to.
3. In the Text Block, either in Visual or Text mode, paste in the following code:
5. Change the Title text (between the two quotation marks) to the title that you want displayed above the RSS feed
6. Change the Description text (between the two quotation marks) to a short description of what the RSS feed is and what kind of information it is pulling in.
7. Change the More Link text (between the two quotation marks) to the URL of the main webpage where the feed can be found.
8. Change the max-posts text (between the two quotation marks) to the number of articles you would like to display. We recommend no more than 10.
9. Update your page when ready.