Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Kaltura
Kaltura - Recording video with Webcam Recorder in MediaSpace
This document describes how students, staff, and instructors can use the Kaltura MediaSpace webcam recorder.
To record yourself using the Kaltura MediaSpace webcam recorder:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click Add New and select Webcam Recording:
- A new Record Media screen will load with a preview of what your webcam can see. You can change what is recorded by clicking the gear in the upper right corner:
- Click Camera to turn off or select a camera input - for example a webcam.
- Click Audio to turn off or select an audio input - for example a headset microphone.
- Click the Play or Restart button to review the audio and video.
- Click Record Again to discard the video and start another recording.
- Click Save a copy to download a copy of your recorded video in the webm format to your computer.
- Click Use This to save your webcam video to Kaltura MediaSpace.
- You may want to give the video a more memorable name or associate it with an assignment if you are recording yourself for a course assignment.
- If you want to share the video consider changing the publishing setting. By default it is set to Private and viewable only by the owner. Setting it to Unlisted will let you share a link to it to anyone.