Topics Map > Campus Services > Office 365
Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Operating Systems > Mac OS X
Microsoft 365 (Apple Mail / Calendar) - Configure Apple Mail / Calendar on Mac OS 10.14
- Configure Apple Mail/Calendar for Microsoft 365
- Configure Access to the Campus Directory (Whitepages)
Note: If you need to reconfigure your account on this device, use the following instructions to remove the account: Microsoft 365 - Apple Mail / Calendar - Removing an account.
Open System Preferences.
Click Internet Accounts.
On the account type page, click Exchange.
On the following page, it will ask for your account credentials:
- Name: Enter your name as you'd like it to appear
- Email Address: Enter the primary address of your Microsoft 365 account which will take one of the following forms: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
When the following dialog box appears, click Sign In.
If you're configuring a service account, it will ask if you want to configure a Work or school account or Personal account. Click Work or school account.
The UW-Madison NetID Login page should appear. Here, sign in with your NetID and NetID password.
Apple Mail may ask for permission to access your account. If it does, click Accept.
Next, you will be presented with a choice of which applications to configure:
It is recommended that you select all the applications listed: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, and Notes.
Click Done to finalize creating the account.
Your account is now configured.
- One final step is required for Apple Mail users: disable client side spam filtering. After starting Apple Mail, it is very important that you disable this feature before using Apple Mail.
Important: Depending on the size and amount of emails you have in your account, Apple Mail may require some time to completely download all of your mail (and other data) the first time you load Apple Mail after configuring your account.
Remember: the Global Address List (GAL) will only contain Microsoft 365 accounts. Therefore, you may still need access to the Campus Directory (Whitepages) to find the person you are searching for.
Use these instructions to configure the Campus Directory (Whitepages) within this client.