Clarify upgrade weekend procedures
Posted: 09:45:24, Friday, Mar 22, 2002 Expiration: 09:45:24, Friday, Mar 22, 2002
For this weekend's Clarify outage, special procedures have been put in place regarding customer lookup, logging cases, posting Impact 1 info, and installing Clarify client...
- Phone Script
- Looking Up People
- Starting Mystify (Clarify substitute)
- Logging Cases
- Notify HDI
- Clarify client installation Questions
- HDI Reminders (Performed by HDI only)
- Manual Impact 1 Posting (Performed by HDI only)
- When Clarify is back up (Performed by HDI only)
- If Clarify is not available Monday morning (Performed by HDI only)
There is a revised phone script for use after the update is finished. This is due to the removal of the facstaff home contact information. See: http://helpdesk.doit.wisc.edu/internal/page.php?id=1252#greeting
Looking Up People
While Clarify is unavailable, there are several ways to look someone up:
- TH utility.
- UW Search at http://www.wisc.edu/wiscinfo/directories/phone.html
- LDAP via Eudora or Outlook.
Agents should be using the Mystify database while Clarify is unavailable. See "Mystify User Instructions" for details: Logging Cases
During this weekend's Clarify outage, there will be an exception to opening a case for each customer contact. For this limited time, only two types of customer contacts need to be entered:
- Cases needing to be escalated.
- Cases where the customer will call back.
Agents should let HDI staff know when they create the following cases:
- Special Handling customers
See Clarify 10.1 installation using LANDesk
There is special handling of callers with the Chancellor/Provost Office. see the webdoc Chancellor's / Provost's Office Special Handling Information
Manual Impact 1 Posting
When Clarify is back up, do the following:
- Find and handle the Mystify cases for the special handling customers: Chancellor, Bascom, USS, SoHE, Med School and International Institute.
- Ensure that the rest of the cases are entered in Clarify.
- Update all cases as appropriate.
- Look for Chancellor cases, Bascom/Bascom LAN server (should be up by 8 AM).
- Contact techs as appropriate and update cases.
- Look through the cases for Gold/Silver customers.
- Contact techs as appropriate.
- Handle other cases as appropriate.
-- Chris Mayeshiba
Created: 09:45:24, Friday, Mar 22, 2002 (by Weizhong W.)
Updated: 09:45:24, Friday, Mar 22, 2002 (by Weizhong W.)