HR - Add or Maintain a Person of Interest (POI)
This document describes adding a Person of Interest (POI) to HRS. A Person of Interest record is used for individuals who have an affiliation with a UW Campus but are not considered employees, are not paid, and do not need reimbursement of expenses by the institution. These may include consultants, emeritus faculty, Non-UW Time Approvers for Time and Labor (T&L), Non-UW Interviewers, or other individuals requiring an affiliation with a UW institution other than employer-employee.
- If a person already has an active POI record in HRS but is also joining a recruiting Search Committee, a second POI type for Non-UW Interviewer (POI23) must also be added to facilitate their access to application materials in TAM. See HR - Add a Person of Interest (POI) Relationship .
To avoid creating duplicate person IDs it is important to search both EPM and HRS for an existing record. See the following user procedures:
Add a POI:
Navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Add a Person. “NEW” appears in the Person ID field.
If a Person ID was found in EPM, change “NEW” in the Person ID field to the Empl ID found in EPM. The HRS system will assign the Person ID number as the Employee ID. Click Add Person.
- In the Name section, Effective Date is the current date. Click Add Name.
Enter the applicable information for First Name, Middle Name and Last Name
- If the person has only one name, enter that name into Last Name and enter "FNU" into First Name. "FNU" is commonly accepted to stand for First Name Unknown.
Click Refresh Name.
Enter the Date of Birth into the field.
Enter the Gender from the drop down menu.
Enter the National ID, if available (this is preferred for Person Hub)
On the Contact Information tab, enter any available information, such as the Email Address
On the Regional tab, do not enter information into any fields.
Click the Organizational Relationships tab.
On the Organizational Relationships tab, check the Person of Interest box.
Select the POI type from the new drop-down field that appears. (For TAM/Recruiting related functions, select Non-UW Interviewer for the Person of Interest Type.)
Click Add Relationship.
Read and correct (if appropriate) any error messages that appear. It may be appropriate to ignore some error messages (e.g., missing SSN).
To identify the POI's affiliation, it is important to select Department from the Security Access Type drop down list.
Enter SHARE for Value 1.
Enter a valid active Department (UDDS) for this POI affiliation in the Value 2 field.
It is likely that minimal information related to the person will be available and/or required. Most fields are not to be completed. However, the following fields are required for Person Hub:
Inactivate a POI:
Navigate to: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Organizational Relationships > Maintain POI Relationship.
Enter ID# or POI Name.
Click the plus button in the Person of Interest History (lower) section.
Enter Effective Date the POI will be Inactive.
Enter an 'I' in the Status field. 'I' = inactive; 'A' = active.
- HR - Add a Person of Interest (POI) Relationship
- HR - Search for Existing Person in EPM
- HR - Search for Existing Person in HRS
- TL - Create and Maintain Time and Labor Security