This document describes the SharedDrive service.
What is SharedDrive?
SharedDrive provides departmental file and print sharing services to departments, groups or service teams through a Windows File Share. Multiple tiers of storage are available to accommodate any departmental file sharing needs. For more information on SharedDrive, please see the storage website.
SharedDrive offers two levels of service:
- SharedDrive offers archival or mass storage at a low cost.
- SharedDrive Gold offers higher performing storage.
SharedDrive features include:
- File sharing — easily and securely share documents and files over the network with colleagues and groups
- File permissions — use Active Directory file permissions to provide access to individuals or groups
- File access — easily and securely access your files from Windows or Mac using SMB when on a campus network or remotely with a secure VPN connection
- File backup and restore — all data can be backed up using Bucky Backup, if requested
- Managed — server and storage managed and hosted by DoIT
- Mirroring — Data is mirrored off-site (by request)
- Growth — Scalable to handle data growth
How to Request SharedDrive?
Due to the unique needs of departments on campus, the best way to request the SharedDrive service is to schedule a consultation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org