Topics Map > Networks & Connectivity > Campus Network
Topics Map > Networks & Connectivity > WiscVPN
Topics Map > Miscellaneous > Security
Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > PDA/Smartphone
WiscVPN iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) - Downloading and Installing Cisco AnyConnect App for iOS
WiscVPN is transitioning from using Cisco AnyConnect to Palo Alto GlobalProtect. For information on which client to use during the transition, see the news item WiscVPN Client Transition.
This document details the installation process of the Cisco AnyConnect WiscVPN profiles for iOS devices. Note that currently you will not be able to bypass the UWNet login page by using VPN. This may change in the future.
- Open the App Store.
- Search Cisco AnyConnect and install the App.
- Once installed, tap the AnyConnect icon to lauch the app.
- Select OK to allow Cisco AnyConnect access to your device's VPN settings.
- Tap Add VPN Connection... to create the WiscVPN profile.
- In the window that appears, enter the following:
- Description: WiscVPN
- Server Address: wiscvpn.doit.wisc.edu
- Tap Save.
- Your WiscVPN profile should now be listed.
- Flip the AnyConnect VPN switch to ON.
- The Authentication window will pop up.
- Tapping on Group will bring up the list of connection types. Tap on a connection type to use it.
When you are on campus, you should connect using one of the OnCampus profiles. When you are connecting from off campus, it is best to use one of the OffCampus profiles. For a more technical description of why this is the best practice, please see WiscVPN - Split Tunneling.
For more information about the difference between dynamic and static IP's as well as how to acquire a static IP, see WiscVPN - Static vs. Dynamic IP Addresses.
- Enter your NetID and Password and tap Connect.
- You should now be connected to WiscVPN using AnyConnect.
- To Disconnect, just flip the AnyConnect VPN switch from ON to OFF.