Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Applications
Internet Explorer 6 - Using the Popup Blocker
This document explains how to use the popup blocker in Internet Explorer 6.
Internet Explorer 6 has added a popup blocker feature. This document explains how to use the popup blocker to meet your needs. For general information on popup blockers, see our Popup Blocker - FAQ.
To open the "Pop-up Blocker Settings Menu," open IE and go to Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Pop-up Blocker Settings.
Notifications and Filter LevelThe "Notifications and Filter Level" section allows you to set popup filter level and notification preferences.
- Go to "Notifications and Filter Level" at the bottom of the menu. Choose the filter level you want. It is recommended to keep the default setting of "Medium."
- The other two check boxes are optional and notify you when popups are blocked.
ExceptionsThe "Exceptions" section allows you to allow popups from specified websites.
- Open the "Pop-up Blocker Settings Menu" by going to Tools -> Pop-up Blocker -> Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- "Exceptions" is the first section. To add a site to this list, enter the URL in "Address of website to allow:", and click the Add button. That site will now appear in your "Allowed Sites" list below.
- To remove a site from your "Allowed Sites," single-click on the site to highlight it and click the Remove button. You can remove all allowed site by clicking the Remove All button.