Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Applications > Browsers
Safari - Managing Cookies
Access to some web sites, including web sites in the UW network, requires cookies. This document explains how to manage cookies in Safari to meet your preferences. For general information on cookies, please see our document: Web Browsers - Cookies FAQ.
Cookie preferences in Safari can be customized by following these steps:
- In Safari, go to Safari -> Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Prevent cross-site tracking: Check this box to stop third-party content providers from tracking you across websites to advertise products and services.
- Block all cookies: Check this box to prevent websites, third parties, and advertisers from storing cookies and other site data on your computer. This may prevent some websites from working properly.
- Click Manage Website Data... to view and remove stored cookies.
- Select the website from which you want cookies removed and click Remove to remove an individual site's cookies.
- Click Remove All to remove all cookies.
- Click Done.
- Lastly, there is a Safari bug present in some versions of the browser wherein widgets fail to render because their associated cookies are rejected by Safari.
- To resolve this, navigate to Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and Website Data > then check the box for "Always allow".