Safari - Managing Cookies
Cookie preferences in Safari can be customized by following these steps:
Access to some web sites, including web sites in the UW network, requires cookies. This document explains how to manage cookies in Safari to meet your preferences. For general information on cookies, please see our document: Web Browsers - Cookies FAQ.
- In Safari, go to Safari -> Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Choose to Block Cookies:
- From Third parties and advertisers: To block third-party cookies.
- Always: To block all cookies.
- Never: To accept all cookies.
- Click Details to view and remove stored cookies:
- Select the website from which you want cookies removed and click Remove to remove an individual site's cookies.
- Click Remove All to remove all cookies.
- Click Done.
Lastly, there is a Safari bug present in some versions of the browser wherein widgets fail to render because their associated cookies are rejected by Safari.
To resolve this, navigate to Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and Website Data > then check the box for "Always allow".