DARS - Access via Web Browser
Advisors can access DARS online as an alternative to the mainframe version. Follow the instructions below to access DARS.
Running and Viewing a DARS Report
Login using your NetID and password.
Enter the student's Campus ID. Choose 'Get Plans'.
The student's plan(s) should appear.
- Student's with one plan: Choose 'Submit Audit' to view the student's plan.
- Student's with multiple plans:
- Select the radio button associated with the plan you want to run.
- Then choose 'Select Plan'. The "Advanced Features" section will load the selected plan.
- Once loaded, choose 'Submit Audit'.
To run a "What-If Audit," use the "Advanced Features" section.
- If desired, modify audit parameters (ie, catalog year, school/college, academic plan/program).
- Then choose 'Submit Audit'.
Choose 'View Audits'.
There are four options for viewing and/or printing the audits.
- View online in single column format.
- Select the View icon for the audit you desire. This will allow you to view online or print via your browser's print feature.
- When finished, close the single audit window.
- View an interactive audit report.
- Select the My Dars icon for the audit you desire. This will open an interactive audit window, allowing you to view an audit complete with charts and other helpful information.
- When finished, close the interactive audit window by using the link provided for this.
- View online or print in two column format via Adobe Acrobat (PDF File).
- Select the record(s) you wish to view and/or print by marking the associated checkbox(es).
- Then choose 'View/Print via Acrobat'.
- The audit(s) will be produced for viewing and/or printing via Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Close the Adobe Acrobat Reader window when finished.
- Email a copy to yourself in single column format.
- Select the audit(s) you wish to email to yourself by marking the associated checkbox(es).
- Then choose 'Email to myself'.
Choose 'Previous Page' to return to the "DARS Advisor Audit Request Page."
When done, choose 'Logoff' and close your browser window.
These steps with visuals can be found: https://learn.sis.wisc.edu/training/uploads/DARS_Quick_Guide.doc
The Registrar provides more documentation on using DARS: http://registrar.wisc.edu/dars_student.htm