Topics Map > Campus Services > Office 365
Office 365 (Thunderbird) - Working with folders
By default, messages that are sent to you are stored in your Inbox. But you can organize your messages into a hierarchical folder system and adjust it as your needs change.
- Inbox Incoming messages arrive in your Inbox unless you've created an Inbox rule to redirect them to another folder, or they're identified as junk email.
- Drafts If you create or respond to a message, but can't finish it right away, it will automatically be saved to your Drafts folder. You can come back to the message later to continue editing it, and then send it.
- Sent By default, a copy of every message you send is put in your Sent Items folder.
- Trash When you delete a message, it's moved to the Deleted Items folder.
Important: Office 365 uses different folders for Sent and Trash. Please make sure you have modified your Thunderbird configuration to use your Office 365 folder structure: Office 365 (Thunderbird) - Configure Thunderbird
- New Folder/New Subfolder Use this to create a new folder in your inbox or a new sub-folder in the folder you right-clicked.
- Rename the folder. You can't rename the default folders, such as the Inbox folder.
- Delete Delete the entire folder. Delete will move the folder to the Trash folder.
- Mark Folder Read Marks every item in the folder as read.
- Search Messages Allows you to search all messages in the folder.
- Subscribe Allows you subscribe to other default folders on the server.
- Properties Allows you to review your storage, permissions, and other settings related to your account.
- Right-click your account.
- Click New Folder.
- Type the name you want to use for the folder and press the Enter key.
- The folders you create can be at the same level as your default folders, for example, the Inbox or Sent folders. Or, you can create sub-folders within any existing email folder.
- If you want to create a personal information folder as a sub-folder to a mail folder, you can create the folder and then move it to the location you want. Some folders, for example, the Inbox, can't be moved to another location.
- Some folders, for example, the Inbox, can't be renamed. If the folder can't be renamed, the Rename option in the menu will not appear.