This document contains instructions on using a non-Microsoft email client, such as Apple Mail or Thunderbird. Microsoft does not recommend these clients for use with Office 365, and there are often significant limitations in client functionality as a result. Because of this, the DoIT Help Desk is only able to offer best effort support for these clients, and certain issues may require the use of a Microsoft client in order to be resolved. For more information on Office 365 client support, please see: Office 365 - Which clients/protocols will be supported?.
Best Effort Support Only
This document explains about creating personal groups using Apple Mail. These instructions are for Mac OS 10.9, but are likely to be similar for Mac OS 10.5-8.
To create a personal group:
- Open the Contacts application.
- At the bottom of the window, press the (+) symbol.
- In the pop-up menu, click New Group.
- Note that you can also go to File -> New Group to create a new group.
- Enter a name for the group and press Return or click away from the group.
- To add contacts into the new group, click and drag existing contacts into the group or create new contacts within the group.