Mac OS X - Running Software Update
This document describes how to run Software Update to obtain the latest patches for Mac OS X.
OSX 10.11 and above:
OSX 10.7 - 10.10:
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner and select Software Update...
- This will open the App Store, click on Update All in the upper left corner.
- Note: You can also update individual items by clicking Update next to the desired application.
OSX 10.6 and below:
Repeat these steps to see if more updates are now available. Because some software updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to repeat these steps several times to complete the software update sequence.
- From the Apple Menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Click Check Now (or Update Now)to have your computer query Apple's servers for any new software.
Note: Software Update requires access to the Internet.
- If updates for your computer are found, a new window will open displaying the available software. Click Install.
- If you are prompted, enter an Admin username and password.
- After the updates have finished installing, restart your computer if required.
Information in this document modified from Apple Support.