This document contains instructions on using a non-Microsoft email client, such as Apple Mail or Thunderbird. Microsoft does not recommend these clients for use with Office 365, and there are often significant limitations in client functionality as a result. Because of this, the DoIT Help Desk is only able to offer best effort support for these clients, and certain issues may require the use of a Microsoft client in order to be resolved. For more information on Office 365 client support, please see: Office 365 - Which clients/protocols will be supported?.
Best Effort Support Only
This document expalins how to create a new contact with an iOS 8 device (iPhone, iPad or iTouch). Contacts can be as basic as a name and email address, or include additional detailed information such as street address, multiple phone numbers, a picture, birthdays, and any other information that relates to the contact.
- Click on the Contacts icon (a mini portrait).
- Then select the + sign on the top.
- This is what your screen will present, fill in all the information you wish to add.
- After you fill out everything you want, hit Done in the top right corner.
Note: You can add multiple Emails or Phone Numbers for one contact by clicking on add address or add phone.
- Now you are ready to email your new contact. You can do this directly by clicking on the email address from the screen shown above.
- Or you can go to your email account and click the notepad for a new message. Then start typing the new contacts name, it should appear as displayed below and select the correct contact.
From an Email
- Click on the Mail icon.
- Select the email from the new user you would like to save to your contacts.
- Click on the email address, you are given two options: Create New Contact or Add to Existing Contact (see below).
Note: To add the email address to a new contact choose the first option and to add it to an existing contact choose the second option.
- Fill in the appropriate information and click Done in the top right corner.