This document details how to request a data level access change in Oracle Identity Manager (OIM). Data level determines which level of records a user can access (department, division, campus, system)
Read: If a user has multiple jobs, a data level change will affect all jobs.
- Click here to log into OIM.
- If you are requesting a data level for yourself, choose My Access from the toolbar at the top of the page. If you are requesting a data level change on behalf of another user, see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g - Search for Other Users to View/Request Entitlements before proceeding to step 3.
- Under the Accounts Tab, click Peoplesoft HRS
- Click Modify Accounts
- Click the Magnifying Glass next to the text field for Row Security Permission List
- In the window that pops up, search for the desired campus code or UDDS. Click on the desired data level and click OK. You should now see the new data level in the Row Security Permission List text box.
Note: For System or Campus wide access, use the appropriate abbreviation (e.g. UWMSN for UW Madison or UWS for System-wide access). For more information on UDDS/campus codes please see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g - Use UDDS Code to Grant Data Level Access in HRS.
- If desired, fill in the Justification and Effective Date fields. Fore more information on the Effective Date field, see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Set the Effective Date to Prevent Loss of HRS Access Due to Job Transfer
- Click the plus symbol next to the supervisor field.
- On the window that pops up, you can either type the name of the supervisor you are looking for and press the search arrow or you can leave the name boxes blank and just press the search arrow which will generate a list of people to choose from.
- Click on your supervisor's entry to highlight it and then click Select. Your supervisor's name should now be entered in the Cart Details page.
- Click Ready to Submit
- Click Submit
- You should arrive to a request summary page.