Microsoft Office 2003 (Win) - Turning Off the Office Assistant
This document explains how to disable the office assistant (i.e. the little paper clip). These instructions are for Office 2002 (XP) and 2003.
Note: These instructions were written for Windows XP users. Other versions
of Windows will differ slightly.
|NOTE: These products are not supported by the Help Desk. This document is provided for self help purposes only. Please contact the manufacturer or system developer for help.
Removing the Office Assistant
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs.
- Find and highlight Microsoft Office on the list of installed programs.
- Click the Change button.
- Choose Add or Remove Features and click Next.
- In the Custom Setup window, check the box to Choose advanced customization of applications and click Next.
- The Office Assistants can be found under Microsoft Office > Office Shared Features > Office Assistant.
- Choose any of the assistants, and change the drop down menu to Not
Available (The red X). All the assistants must be turned off to disable this
- Click the Update button for the changes to take effect.
Hide, Show, or Turn Off the Office AssistantTo temporarily hide or show the
To turn the Office Assistant off for an entire session:
- Open any Office program and go to the Help menu.
- Click Hide the Office Assistant or Show the Office
- Click on the Office Assistant to bring up the Assistant Balloon.
- Click on the Options button and on the options tab uncheck the box
entitled Use the Office Assistant.
- Click OK.