Microsoft Office 2003 (Win) - Turning Off the Office Assistant
This document explains how to disable the office assistant (i.e. the little paper clip). These instructions are for Office 2002 (XP) and 2003.
Note: These instructions were written for Windows XP users. Other versions of Windows will differ slightly.
|NOTE: These products are not supported by the Help Desk. This document is provided for self help purposes only. Please contact the manufacturer or system developer for help.|
Removing the Office Assistant
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs.
- Find and highlight Microsoft Office on the list of installed programs.
- Click the Change button.
- Choose Add or Remove Features and click Next.
- In the Custom Setup window, check the box to Choose advanced customization of applications and click Next.
- The Office Assistants can be found under Microsoft Office > Office Shared Features > Office Assistant.
- Choose any of the assistants, and change the drop down menu to Not Available (The red X). All the assistants must be turned off to disable this feature.
- Click the Update button for the changes to take effect.
Hide, Show, or Turn Off the Office AssistantTo temporarily hide or show the Office Assistant:
To turn the Office Assistant off for an entire session:
- Open any Office program and go to the Help menu.
- Click Hide the Office Assistant or Show the Office Assistant.
- Click on the Office Assistant to bring up the Assistant Balloon.
- Click on the Options button and on the options tab uncheck the box entitled Use the Office Assistant.
- Click OK.