The MyUW Portal team selects the web browsers that are most secure and readily available to campus users. These browsers get the most amount of testing by developers. While the portal functions on most modern browsers, the team recommends that you regularly upgrade your web browser to take advantage of the latest performance enhancements and problem fixes.
MyUW works best with the latest versions of modern web browsers such as:
- Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Edge on desktop and laptop computers
- Web browsers included in recent versions of iOS and Android operating systems
- The latest available version of Chrome and Firefox for iOS
MyUW will work less well or not at all with older unsupported browsers. For instance, Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Upgrade Your Browser
To upgrade your browser, see Web Browsers - Updating Your Browser to the Latest Version.
Before upgrading devices used for work, contact your local IT support staff for any application incompatibilities that could affect you.
- Make sure that the browser is set to accept cookies (from both 1st party and 3rd party). See Web Browsers - Cookies FAQ for details (use the "managing cookies" links on the bottom of the page).
- The browser must support SSL secure connections.
Upgrading your browser is the preferable solution to take advantage of security, performance, and functionality improvements in later browser versions.
If you are unable to do so, consider the following workarounds when accessing MyUW:
Use a different browser
If you need to keep some of your browsers on particular versions to work with other applications, try accessing MyUW using a different updated browser.
For example, if you use Internet Explorer 9 for non-MyUW purposes, you can install or upgrade a recent Chrome browser version and use that to access MyUW.
Use a different computer or mobile device
If some computers you use are restricted or purpose-specific such that upgrading the web browser is not feasible, try accessing MyUW from a different computer which provides a more recent web browser.
MyUW is also designed to work on recent mobile and tablet devices. If you have access to such a device, you may be able to access what you need on MyUW via that device instead.