Installing Microsoft Software on Personal Computers
This document provides sources and instructions to students, faculty, and staff for installing commonly used Microsoft software, such as Office 365, Windows 10, and Bootcamp.
Installing Microsoft Office Suite
You can download Microsoft Office for Mac or Windows devices at the Office 365 portal.
To Download Windows 10 Education (Students Only)
1. To begin, login to the Campus Software Library and choose your school from the drop-down list.
2. Under Productivity, click on the Microsoft for Personally-owned Computers link.
3. To confirm or correct your email address, scroll to the bottom of the page and find the text box beneath Downloads.
4. To download Windows 10 Education, click the following link beneath the email text box: Windows - Microsoft Windows 10 Education 64-bit for students. No charge for students! Downloads are linked to your NetID.
• A message will pop asking you to agree to the license terms; read the message and click Accept.
• To install the 32-bit version, you must use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. Follow the step above, but cancel the download before it completes.
• The download will automatically begin.
• An installation key will be emailed to you within an hour of initiating the download. Installation keys for Windows 10 Edu are limited to one per student; if you have previously been sent a key from this page or are not eligible for one, Windows 10 will not be visible to you.
• Your device must meet certain requirements in order to successfully run Windows 10.
Troubleshooting and Installation Tips
For Windows on PC
If Windows version 7 or 8.1 (Pro or Home) is already installed on your computer, you can upgrade to Windows 10. You can also upgrade to Windows 11 from the Windows 10 installation.
Using Windows on Apple
Windows 10 can be installed and used in Boot Camp or Parallels (applications that allow Mac computers to run Microsoft software). To do so, you must use one of the following Mac models:
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later
- Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac Pro (any model)
- Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
Boot Camp has additional requirements to run Windows 10:
- Use Boot Camp version 6 or later
- Only 64-bit Windows 10 is supported