Topics Map > KnowledgeBase
KnowledgeBase - Service Description
Introduction to key features of the KnowledgeBase.
The KnowledgeBase (KB) easily creates, displays, shares, and manages web content. Currently used by over 200 groups, the KB offers a range of features as well as ongoing support and custom improvements. Stakeholders provide input to help prioritize enhancement requests.
The KB offers the following site display and content management features.
- External Site - each group can host a public web site to provide content to users.
- Internal Site - each group can host a password-protected internal site on which to keep group-specific policies, procedures, and processes.
- Searchable - natural language search plus meta data / full text toggle.
- Dynamic Page Modules - modules display content dynamically, so it is always up-to-date, and can be turned on or off, customized, or created by each group.
- Mobile version - for smart phones and tablets
- Custom Tags - create group-specific XHTML tags to further customize site appearance.
- Customizable Appearance - KB staff offer guidance to implement a site appearance other than the default model.
Content Management Features
- Web-based administrative features, with user authentication and authorization.
- Distributed administration - each group using the KB has full administrative control over documents, presentation, administrative users, and group relationships of their sites.
- Documents - Documents are the core content of each group's KB site and offer the following features.
- Customizable fields for the document template.
- Live document review and save-as options.
- Document preview and code validation options.
- Viewable history of document comments and revisions.
- Scheduled document activation and expiration.
- Automatic document review reminders.
- Document-specific feedback from site users.
- Collective Review Options - Group users can collectively edit and comment upon content before it goes live.
- Group Relationships and Shared Content - groups can establish relationships with other groups using the KB platform and share documents across sites. Sharing can entail groups reviewing one another's content and post only some documents, or establish trust relationships in which a group decides to publish all documents received from another group.
- News posting and RSS options.
- Site-wide find and replace feature.
- Quick and easy content export feature.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org