Microsoft Powerpoint - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
Microsoft Powerpoint is software for creating slides and delivering presentations. It can also be used to record audio your presentation and export video files to use as online lectures. This page provides basic information on where to download Microsoft Powerpoint, and a list of resources on Powerpoint both online and at UW-Madison.
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Microsoft Powerpoint. For a broad overview see Powerpoint 2016 Essential Training or Learn Powerpoint 2016: The Basics. Many other tutorials on Powerpoint are available as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Microsoft Powerpoint.
- If you are a UW-Madison timetable course instructor and would like a consultation on Microsoft Powerpoint, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-262-5667. Academic Technology will contact you within two business days to setup an appointment.
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Microsoft Powerpoint please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. STS will contact you within two business days to set up an appointment.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Microsoft software suite at UW-Madison computer labs.