Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Operating Systems > Mac OS X
Mac OS X (10.4) - Finding the IP address and MAC address
When troubleshooting network problems it is often useful to know the comptuer's IP address and MAC address.
To find networking information on a Mac running OS X 10.4 (Tiger), navigate to the Network Preferences panel.
- Go to the Apple Menu, then select System Preferences.
- Click on "Network" in the System Preferences panel.
- Under "Show:", select the network interface that you want the IP/MAC address for. Generally, this will either be Built-In Ethernet or Airport.
- To find the IP address, click on the TCP/IP tab.
- To find the MAC address of the Ethernet card, click on the Ethernet tab.
- To find the MAC address of the Airport card, click on the Airport tab.