Topics Map > Business Systems > WISDM
Topics Map > Business Systems > Shared Financial System
Topics Map > Business Systems > e-Reimbursement
Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Operating Systems > Mac OS X
Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Applications > Browsers
Safari (Mac) - Bypassing CORS Errors
If you get a the CORS error displayed when attempting to access a website, you can add a link to the favorites or top sites list of Safari by following the instructions in this article. You can then use the saved link to bypass the error.
If you are using Safari and are getting a CORS or similar error preventing you from accessing the webpage, you can add the URL (address of the website) as a favorite or to Top Sites list. The website should be displayed after clicking on the saved link. Two notable items: 1) when the error is displayed, save the link as a favorite or a top site, and, 2) always use the saved link to access the website.
An example of the Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) error message.
"CORS Violation Error: CORS origin 'website url' is not authorized"
Adding a Website as a Favorite or to the Top Sites List
- attempt to visit your website
- the screen where the "CORS Violation Error" should be displayed
- move the cursor into the URL field (known as the Smart Search field) and a plus sign should appear (left side of the field)
right-click the plus sign (or click and hold) and a drop down menu should appear (red circle 1)
click Favorites (red circle 2) to add the website address to the Favorites list
note: Adding the website address to the Top Sites list should work too
- Totally exit the browser
Using a Link in the Top Sites or Favorites List
- launch Safari
go to the list where you saved the link:
- for the favorites list, click the SHOW SIDEBAR icon and select the favorites icon as per # 3 (or Control-Command-1)
- display the Top Sites list by clicking HISTORY (or BOOKMARKS) and then SHOW TOP SITES
click on the link you save for the website (see 4) or the icon in the Top Sites window
note: If you are still getting the CORS error, try clicking on the link a second time
- the website should replace the error display and load successfully