Topics Map > Networks & Connectivity > WiscVPN
WiscVPN - Installing the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
This document will show how to download WiscVPN using the Palo Alto GlobalProtect App available on Android devices.
Note: This application has known functionality issues in which the user may be unable to connect after the initial setup. See workarounds below.
Installing the Palo Alto GlobalProtect App
- Navigate to the Google Play Store
- Search for the GlobalProtect App
- Install (if necessary) and open the App. If you experience any issues installing the app, please see: WiscVPN - Uninstalling the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
If, when reattempting to connect to WiscVPN, your application becomes stuck on "Discovering Network", try the following solutions:
- Remove yourself as a user and re-authenticate.
- Clear the VPN portal and reconnect.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application. Detailed instructions can be found here: WiscVPN - Uninstalling the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
- While the connection is loading, lock your screen and unlock it
We recommend basic troubleshooting: make sure your security settings are allowing the app to work properly. Anti-virus apps, as well as other VPNs might affect the functionality of the app.