Topics Map > Networks & Connectivity > WiscVPN
WiscVPN - Installing and Connecting the PaloAlto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
This document will show how to download and connect to WiscVPN using the GlobalProtect App available on Android devices.
Note: This application has known functionality issues in which the user may be unable to connect after the initial setup. See workarounds below.
Installing and Connecting with the GlobalProtect App
- Navigate to the Google Play Store
- Search for the GlobalProtect App
- Install (if necessary) and open the App
- Upon opening the App you will be prompted to enter a portal. Enter the portal: uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu. Then tap "CONNECT".
- After clicking connect it will prompt for a Username and Password. Enter your NetID in for the Username (do not include @wisc.edu) and your NetID password for the Password. Tap "SIGN IN".
- The app may prompt to allow connection. If it does click "OK".
- After allowing the app to connect, the screen will be blue while it is active. A white icon with a shield should appear in the middle of the screen along with "CONNECTED" - to disconnect, tap this icon.
If, when reattempting to connect to WiscVPN, your application becomes stick on "Discovering Network", try the following solutions:
- Remove yourself as a user and re-authenticate.
- Clear the VPN portal and reconnect.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application.