WiscVPN - Installing and Connecting the PaloAlto GlobalProtect Client (Android)
WiscVPN is transitioning from using Cisco AnyConnect to Palo Alto GlobalProtect. For information on which client to use during the transition, see the news item WiscVPN Client Transition.
This document will show how to download and connect to WiscVPN using the GlobalProtect App available on Android devices.
Note: This application has known functionality issues in which the user may be unable to connect after the initial setup. See workarounds below.
Installing and Connecting with the GlobalProtect App
- Navigate to the Google Play Store
- Search for the GlobalProtect App
- Open the App
- Upon opening the App you will be prompted to enter a portal. Enter the portal: uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu. Then click Connect.
- After clicking connect it will prompt for a Username and Password. Enter the NetID in for the Username and the NetID password for the Password.
- The app may prompt to allow connection. If it does click "OK".
- The GlobalProtect icon should show at the top of your screen and the disconnect button should be visible meaning the App is functioning. To disconnect reopen the app and click "Disconnect" or open the icon and select "Disconnect".
If, when reattempting to connect to WiscVPN, your application becomes stick on "Discovering Network", try the following solutions:
- Remove yourself as a user and re-authenticate.
- Clear the VPN portal and reconnect.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application.