WiscVPN - Installing and Connecting with the GlobalProtect (PaloAlto) iOS
WiscVPN is transitioning from using Cisco AnyConnect to Palo Alto GlobalProtect. For information on which client to use during the transition, see the news item WiscVPN Client Transition.
This document describes how to download and connect to WiscVPN using the GlobalProtect App available on iOS devices.
Installing and Connecting to the GlobalProtect App
NOTE: if you would like to continue to use GlobalProtect on your current iPhone, please delay upgrading your iOS version to iOS 12 until the GlobalProtect app is updated to version 5.
- Download and install the GlobalProtect App from the App Store (Requires iOS 11 and above).
- Open the app. Type uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu in the server field, then tap Connect.
- On the next screen, type your NetID in the Account field, and your NetID password in the Password field, then tap OK.
- You will see a check mark next to the server name indicating that you are connected to WiscVPN.
Disconnecting from the GlobalProtect App
- Open the GlobalProtect App.
- Tap the Home icon on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Tap Disconnect.
- You are now disconnected from GlobalProtect.