WiscIT: Version 9.3 Testing
On January 12th, starting at 11:00 PM, Cherwell will be upgraded to version 9.3. This document lays out the steps for testing and validation of version 9.3. We will be testing from December 22nd to January 10th.
During this time we would like you to test and validate your use in the new version of Cherwell. The test environment has been loaded with production data prior to December 22nd, 2017. Email notifications to technologists and agents will deliver only to admins. If you initiate an email to a customer using the email option under the File Menu and in the Journals section, make sure to remove the customers email address from the TO: field to avoid sending the customer an email.
While this has been our experience, we would like you to test your use of Cherwell.
Testing Cherwell Version 9.3
We would like you test Cherwell and use it the way you normally use the tool and report your experience by emailing email@example.com.
- Create Incidents, Changes, Problems
- Run Dashboards, Searches, OneSteps, Reports
Note: Cherwell Test is running in our test environment and is not running on the full server environment as our production environment, speeds may be impacted. Data was last refereshed in late November and will not contain up to date incident information.
Access to Cherwell Version 9.3There are several ways to test Cherwell version 9.3. You can use either the web client or the installed client (windows only).
Customer Portal: https://test.wiscit.wisc.edu/CherwellPortal
Installed Client (you can only install one version of Cherwell at a time)
- Schedule time on our test desktop in room CS 2130. You can calendar invite the following resource to reserve time: WiscIT Test Desktop (DoIT-WiscIT-Test-Desktopfirstname.lastname@example.org)
- Install Version 9.3 on a VM you own.
- Install version 9.3 on your primary or test machine. (NOTE: once you have completed your testing, it will be necessary to reinstall version 8.3.1)
- Link to install Version 9.3: https://test.wiscit.wisc.edu/cherwellautodeploy
- Link to reinstall Current Production Version 8.3.1: https://wiscit.wisc.edu/cherwellautodeploy
Key Items features and fixed in Version 9.3
- Access to Cherwell via Safari has been fixed.
- Accessibility improvements
- Significantly improved mobile experience for both end-users and technicians through new adaptive forms and additional screen size scale enhancements. The new adaptive layout provides explicit control and quick customization for different window sizes.