This document will walk you through the process of setting up the Redirection Plugin on a WiscWeb project. Please note that assistance relating to the setup or redirection implementation process can be provided at an open lab. The schedule for open labs can be found on the WiscWeb informational site.
The Redirection Plugin is not activated in WiscWeb projects by default. However, you can activate it on your own by following the instructions in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Self Service Plugin Activation / Deactivation.
The Redirection plugin cannot process PHP or media (PDF, JPG, PNG, etc.) redirects.
- Navigate to Tools > Redirection in the project
- Review the Start Setup instructions for how to use the plugin. When finished, click Start Setup
- In the Basic Setup window, choose whether or not you would like to monitor permalink changes and keep a log of all redirects and 404 errors. These options are unchecked by default and are not required. Only check them if you require these actions. When finished, click Continue Setup
- On the Rest API screen, you should see a line of green checkboxes appear when everything has been set up. When the button is available, click Finish Setup
- When the progress bar reaches 100%, click the Finished button
- Your project is now ready to have redirects added