Help Desk - Requesting a Windows 10 Education Installation Key
This document is intended for help desk employees supporting students who would like to request a Windows 10 Education installation key. Screenshots are provided for those who have already completed (and no longer have access to) this process and those unfamiliar with the steps.
1. Navigate to the Campus Software Library
2. Authenticate with UW-Madison and sign in with NetID if prompted (most users will be signed in automatically)
3. Users will reach the Campus Software Library default page with all software available to the student. In the first section, Productivity, select Microsoft for Personally-owned Computers
4. Students will see a brief summary, including product information and directions for getting an installation key under Support Information. Note that each student is only eligible to obtain one key and download through this page.
5. Scroll down to Downloads and enter email@example.com email address. This email must be accurate - this is where the installation key will be sent.
6. In the next section, beneath Microsoft Software for Personally-owned Computers, click on the link via the red text “Microsoft Windows 10 Education 64-bit for students.”
7. Users will be prompted with information about the software license in their browser as a pop-up: click ok
8. Depending on the settings of the browser being used, user will be prompted for a location to save the Windows 10 Edu ISO, or the download will begin immediately to the default location.
9. Within an hour, students should receive an installation key via email similar to the one below. If they do not get a key within an hour, see handling information in Windows 10 Education for Students