Mac OS X - How to Determine If an Application is Running in Classic or Native Mode
The following are some indications you can look for to tell what mode the application
is running in:
When running an application how can I tell if it is running in Classic mode or in native mode?
Classic Mode applications
- The apple menu in the left hand corner will be multi-colored.
- The name or icon of the application will appear in the upper right hand corner
of the menu bar.
- Windows for classic applications will have the a close box in the upper left
hand corner and a window shade and resize box in the right hand corner
- The apple menu in the left hand corner will be blue.
- Windows will have three colored "stones" (red, yellow and green) in the upper
left hand corner