Topics Map > BUSINESS PROCESS > Hire/Rehire
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources
HRS Training - Search for a Position
This document explains how to search for a position that has already been created, and how to review the position information pages.
Before using this guide, an employee should know the following:
- HRS login ID and password
To search for a position:
- Log in to HRS.
- Go to Main Menu > Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info.
- Enter your search criteria in the fields provided and click the Search button. You can search using any of these fields.
Remember you can also change "begins with" to "contains" or several other options.
In the screenshot below, we've entered "FINANCIAL" in the Description field and selected UW-Oskosh for the Business Unit using the Look Up () button.
- On the Search Results page, you can click the Position Number link of the position you wish to view.
- Review the position information available on the three tabs, Description, Specific Information, and Budget and Incumbents.
Note: Some areas may need to be expanded such as the USA Flag in the Description tab.