Topics Map > PD LEARNING PATH > HR Learning Path
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
HR - Add Employment Instance (Non-Madison)
Employees can hold multiple jobs within the UW system. This document describes how to add a Concurrent Job by creating an Employment Instance.
- If the employee has a terminated Empl Rcd, rehire the employee using the lowest inactive Employee Record for the concurrent job. See HR - Rehiring an Employee.
- The HR Indicator must be reflected accurately on each job. See HR - Updating HR Primary Indicator .
- Consult with a Benefits Administrator to determine if the additional job has an impact on Benefits Eligibility.
- If the Health Rate changes because of the additional job (due to accumulated FTE), the value must also be reflected on all jobs.
Workforce Administration>Personal Information> Organizational Relationship> New Employment Instance
- Enter Empl ID.
- Press the Tab key; note the Empl Rcd Nbr advances to the next available number.
- Click the Add Relationship button.
- If this job is not using a position, follow HR - Hire Employee into a Job without a Position (Non-Madison) to complete the hire. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.
- On the Work Location tab, enter the start date of the job in the Effective Date field.
- Click the Calculate Status and Dates button if it appears.
- The Action defaults to Hire. Select the appropriate Reason code.
- If necessary, select the Job Indicator (Primary or Secondary). See HR - Updating HR Primary Indicator.
- Enter the Position Number. Note: When you tab out of the Position Number field, the attributes associated to the position will automatically populate.
- Enter an Expected Job End Date (EJED) if applicable (required on continuities 02A, 02B, 02C, 05A, 05B).
- Click the Job Information tab.
- Verify that the Job Code, Full/Part, Empl Class, Pay Basis, and Standard Hours/FTE fields have auto-populated.
- If necessary, select the value for the Seasonal field. See HR - Maintain Workforce - Seasonal Employees.
- If necessary, select the value for the Officer Code field. See HR - Officer Code Listing - Job Aid.
- If necessary, click the Next Contract Number button.
- Click the Job Labor tab. Values on this tab will default from either the Position number or the values entered on Work Location and Job Information tabs.
- Click the Payroll tab. Values on this tab will default from Position or the values entered on the Work Location and Job Information tabs.
- Click the Salary Plan Tab. Values will default from Position or the values entered on the Work Location and Job Information tabs.
- Click the Compensation tab.
- Click the Default Pay Components button.
- Verify the correct Rate Code populated based upon the employee's Pay Basis. See HR - Comp Rate Frequency Overview.
- Enter the Comp Rate amount.
- Verify that the bottom Frequency populated correctly. See HR - Comp Rate Frequency Overview.
- Verify or edit the top Frequency. The top Frequency will populate correctly for employees with a Rate Code of NAHRLY; however, all employees with a Rate Code of NAANNL will need to be changed to either 9M or M based upon the employee's pay basis. See HR - Comp Rate Frequency Overview.
- Click the Calculate Compensation button.
- Verify the Compensation Rate in the top Compensation section is accurate.
- Click the UW Custom tab.
- Review the Continuity field.
- Select a Probation Type.
- If required, enter Probation End Date.
- If appropriate, click a checkbox in the Rate Exceptions fields.
- Enter the Working Title if needed.
- Click the UW Benefits tab.
- Leave the Previous WRS State Service and Previous WRS Local Service fields blank.
- If known, select the value for the WRS Before July 1, 2011 field. If unknown, leave as the default value of No.
- Enter the correct value for the Rehired Annuitant Field if known. If unknown, leave as the default value of No.
- Leave the Visiting from Other Institution field blank.
- If the employee is required to work out of state for their job, select Yes from the drop-down for the Work Out of State Required field.
- If the employee is expected to work less than 20 hours per week, select Less than Half Time Rate in the Health Rate field.
- Click on the Employment Data Link at the bottom of this page.
- If applicable, enter the Criminal Background Check date.
- If this is a Faculty hire that is eligible for tenure:
- Click the flag icon.
- Click the Accrue Tenure Services checkbox.
- Click OK to save the new Job Record.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESRelated KBs:
- HR - Updating HR Primary Indicator
- HR - Maintain Person Data - Biographical Details
- HR - Position Management
- HR - Rehiring an Employee