Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
HR - Search for Existing Person in EPM
This user procedure provides detailed information and instructions on how to search for people in EPM. HR Administrators are required to check EPM prior to entering any new person as an applicant, Employee, or a Person Of Interest (POI). This will determine if the person, intended for entry, already has a record within the Peoplesoft EPM System and will prevent the entry of duplicate Person Record Numbers and/or Empl_ID's.
A. Run Report in EPM
- Navigate to the EPM System by either clicking on the following URL: https://epm.wisconsin.edu or you can navigate to EPM by clicking the hyperlink found at the bottom of the main menu in HRS.
- Navigation: EPM Reports > HR Reports > UW_PERSON_LOOKUP OR UW_PERSON_NS_LOOKUP
UW_HR_PERSON_LOOKUP displays sensitive data
UW_HR_PERSON_NS_LOOKUP does not display sensitive data
NOTE: National ID (Social Security Number) is not displayed
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number (no hyphens)
NOTE: for best results, search by DOB and social security number only - other criteria may not return accurate results
Person Information and most recent job information for each Empl Rcd will appear on the display page.
NOTE: depending on which Person Lookup Type is used, search results may display sensitive data such as SSN
B. Example 1
1. In Example 1, the employee is either a Person of Interest (POI) or was employed prior to the implementation of HRS.
2. A HR - Search for Existing Person in HRS must be done to determine which this is.
C. Example 2
1. In Example 2, the employee does exist in HRS; the Job Information section is filled and status is "Active".
2. This person has an active job in HRS and the information should be reviewed for accuracy.
- HR - Search for Existing Person in HRS
- HR - Modify Person Data
- HR - Rehiring an Employee
- HR - Add Employment Instance (Non-Madison)
- HR - Maintain Workforce - Transfers
- HR - Add a Person