Topics Map > BUSINESS PROCESS > Hire/Rehire
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Recruitment
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources
HRS HR - Search for Existing Person in EPM
This process is used to check if a person exists within EPM prior to hiring them into a position or job.
This user procedure provides detailed information and instructions on how to search for people in EPM. HR Administrators are required to check EPM prior to entering any new person as an applicant, Employee, or a Person Of Interest. This will determine if the person, intended for entry, already has a record within the Peoplesoft EPM System and will prevent the entry of duplicate Person Record Numbers and/or Empl_ID's.
Navigation: EPM Reports > HR Reports > UW_HR_PERSON_LOOKUP OR UW_HR_PERSON_NS_LOOKUP
- UW_HR_PERSON_LOOKUP (displays sensitive data)
- UW_HR_PERSON_NS_LOOKUP (does not display senstive data).
- In the NS LookUp, Note: National ID (SS#) is not displayed.
- Enter the following data you have for the Person you are searching for:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number (NOTE: for best results, search by DOB and SSN only - other criteria may not return accurate results)
- Click the Search button.
UW Person Lookup
- Person Information, including current, previous and future appointment information will appear on the display page. (NOTE: depending on which Person Lookup Type is used, search results will display sensitive data such as SSN.)
- If Person information appears, enter that (PERS ID) found in EPM and proceed with directions found in HRS HR - Add a Person
- If the information indicates a Person Of Interest (POI) is found in EPM, proceed with directions found in HRS HR - Add/Maintain a Person of Interest (POI).
- If Person information is not found, proceed with Search for Matching Persons in HRS.
UW Person Lookup
In this example, the data is from IADS and the employee is not in HRS. Using this EmplID, change “NEW” in the Person ID field to the Person ID from EPM on the Add a Person page.
UW Person NS Lookup
In this example below, the employee does exist in HRS. Job Information section is filled and see that the status is "Active". This person has an active job in HRS.