Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Finance (FN)
FN - Run an Appointment Funding Total by Pay Period Report
You can run an appointment funding Total by Pay Period Report for forecast planning purposes for employees with appointment level funding. The report is based on the funding effective date and shows an employee's pay periods, compensation amount per pay period, funding combination code, total dollar amount, and total funding distribution percent. The report also displays job-related data such as: job effective date, position number, FTE, Standard Hours, Pay Group, Pay Rate, Appointing Dept, Title, Employee Class, and Pay Basis. If an employee has a pay rate change during the fiscal year, the report displays this information and adjusts the totals accordingly.
- REPORT LIMITATIONS: This report is designed for employees with one pay group per fiscal year. If an employee has multiple pay groups in the same fiscal year, you will need to run the report separately for each pay group.
NOTE: The report is also known as the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report.
- PeopleSoft HRS Security Role Needed: FI Campus Funding One BU (to add or change funding for one campus)
- From the HRS Main Menu, use navigation path: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Budget Funding Data Entry.
- Find the employee on the Funding Data Entry, Find an Existing Value search page.
- Click Search.
- On the Funding Data Entry page:
- Verify that the intended employee and current fiscal year are shown.
- If you have made any funding changes for the employee, click Save before running the funding report.
- To select report options for the employee, click the Total By Pay Period hyperlink, located on the lower left-hand side of the Funding Data Entry page.
- The Total by Period Report selection criteria page displays.
a. The Detailed Salary Funding Plan Request Parms (parameters) section displays the appointing Department, Employee ID, employee's Name, and Employee Record Number.
b. The Reporting Period Request Parms (parameters) section allows you to choose from three reporting period options: Summer Period, Fiscal Year, or Custom Date Range. The default reporting option is by Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30).
(1) For active employees with a Pay Basis of either Summer Session (e.g. Teaching) or Summer Service (e.g. Research/ Administrative), you can select Summer Period or Custom Date Range.
(2) To run the report for a specific period, select Custom Date Range; enter the Begin Date and End Date of a date range that is within the Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30).
To run the report with your selections, click Run Report.
The report will open in a new window.
- To see more information on reading and using the report see FN - Run the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- HR - Empl Class Overview
- PY - Pay Group Descriptions
- HR - View Job Inquiry/Employee Job Data Record in HRS