Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources
HRS HR Reporting- Position Status Report (SQR Report)
POS001 generates a Position Status Report to reflect all filled and vacant positions by department.
This report provides the types of positions in the organization, and lists all filled and vacant positions.
UW system-wide human resource and administrative personnel require data provided by this report to assist in the tracking of position information to assist in organizational planning. It will also be used in the recruitment process to determine the final status of position changes and position transactions.
To Run the Report
- Log into HRS
- UW HR Reports > Position Status Report
- Enter As of Date
- Enter Department ID
- Enter Job Code
- Enter Position Status
- Enter Employee Class
Report OutputThis process produces a PDF Report of positions within an organization and lists all filled and vacant positions by department.
Fields on the report include: Dept ID, Job Code, Position Nbr, Effective Date, Position Title, Reg/Temp, Position Status, Status Date, Open Positions, Internal Posting Date, Internal Expiration Date, External Posting Date, External Expiration Date, Incumbent Name
- Navigate to UW HR Reports > Position Status Report.
- Enter a value for the Run Control ID on the Find an Existing Value tab and click the Search button. Select the Run Control ID that you wish to use to run this report.
A Run Control ID is the name assigned to parameters for a report. The Run Control ID saves report parameter settings used for running the report and can be re-used the next time the report is run.
- DO NOT use spaces in run control names.
As Of Date field: Enter the start date or use default date (today’s date). This field is required.
- Department field: Enter department ID (e.g. B%, B48%, B4833%. To select a specific department, click on the icon) or leave it blank (selects all departments).
Job Code field: Enter the job code (e.g. 00560) or click on the icon to select from the list.
- Position Status field: Enter the position status (Approved, Frozen, Proposed)
Empl Class check list: Click the button to check the employee classes you want to include or use the default (all).
In this case, the parameters selected were As of Date 10/12/2011 so all positions that are out there as of 10/12/2011. Department, Job Code, and Position Status were all blank so all departments, job codes, and position statuses were selected. Empl Class’s "All" check box was checked so all employee classes were selected.