Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - Review Benefit Program Assignment
Administrators often need to review an employee's Benefit Program Assignment and historical information using the Benefits Program Participation page in HRS. The BN Benefits View security role will provide access to view these program assignments.
- Remember to Include History when reviewing Benefit Programs
- Benefit Administrators should review and understand employee benefit eligibility by referencing the UWSS Service Operations Benefits Eligibility page and the following KB document: BN - Benefits Eligibility Fields
1. Click Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Assign to Benefit Program
2. In the Assign to Benefit Program search screen:a. In the Empl ID field, enter the employee's unique 8-digit employee ID, if known. (e.g. 99999999) This is the best practice since more than one employee may have the same or similar names.
b. Or in the Name field, enter all or part of the employee's first and last name, if known. (e.g. ABRAHAM LINCOLN)
c. Select Include History so that a checkmark displays. This allows you to view all future, current, and historical information for the employee.
3. If the search criteria you entered in Step 2 returns multiple records, this will display in the Search Results area. Otherwise the Benefit Program Participation page will automatically display for this employee and you can skip to Step 4.a. In the Search Results area, click on any column heading (e.g. Last Name) to sort in ascending or descending order.4. An example of the Benefit Program Participation page is displayed below.
b. Locate the desired Benefit Program record you wish to review, and click on it to select.a. Effective Date = The first date the employee was assigned to that Benefit Program.
b. By clicking on Include History, you will be able to view all rows for an employee. Note that in this example, the employee has two active rows. You can scroll between historical rows by using the left and right arrows or clicking on the words First and Last.
Here is an example of an assignment to the Limited Benefits Program.