Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources
HRS Training - How to View Job Data (Search Job Data, Job History, and Multiple Jobs)
If you are responsible for verifying changes to an employee's job information (e.g. compensation), you need to know where to locate the information that has been updated. This job aid describes how to search and locate employee job data. (NOTE: this document is for VIEWING information only; NOT for making changes to a job.)
There are several paths you can take to view Job Data for an employee.
Note: Depending on the type of employment, the Job Change with a Position form or the Job Change without a Position form may be used to request changes. To access the forms, go to the UW Service Center ADMINISTRATION page and choose Human Resources, and then select the form from the list provided.
(Remember that an employee's personal data is not viewed from the Job Data pages. Please see the related documents listed at the end of this topic for how to view personal information, and more about viewing position details.)
This document covers how to:
- Search for Job Data
- Search for Job History per Employee Record (UW Multiple Job Summary)
- Tips for Viewing Data
You can also review more details about the Job Data tabs/pages: please refer to Document 18573 is unavailable at this time..
Search for Job Data
There are several places in HRS where you can review an employee's job data. In this section you will see how to search for job data using 3 different paths in HRS PeopleSoft.A. Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
A. Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job DataThis page is used to view job data for an employee.
1. To search for an employee's job data, go to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
2. Enter the employee's name or employee ID (Empl ID) and click the Search button.
- You can change the dropdown to "contains" or leave it with the default "begins with".
- You may enter part of a name and use the wildcard %. For example if you enter P% in the (first) Name field, the search results would display PAMELA NELSON, PAULA NELSON, PAUL NELSON, PERRY NELSON... as well as PETER NELSON.
- We are not using the Alternate Character Name field.
NOTE: You may need to click the buttons to Include History or Update/Display at the bottom of the page in order to see all the rows.
- Include History = History, Current and Future
- Update Display = Current and Future
B. Workforce Administration > Job Information > Review Job Information > UW Multiple Job SummaryThis page is used to view an employee's job history.
HRS HR - View UW Multiple Job Summary for an Employee
Tips for Viewing Job DataIf there is more than one "row" or page of data, you can navigate between the rows by clicking the little arrows. Sometimes you may see an option to View All.
You may need to click the buttons to Include History or Update/Display at the bottom of the page in order to see all the rows.
Include History = History, Current and Future;>
Update Display = Current and Future;>
In the image below, only 1 row of data appears for this employee, and it is a Data Change. Where is the row for the original hire?
After clicking the Include History button, more data is available. Now there are 2 rows of data. You can click on the little arrows to navigate between the rows or pages of data.