Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Talent Aquisition Mgmt (TAM)
TAM - Manage Contact Notes and Attachments for an Applicant
You can track your communications with or about an applicant using the Manage Applicant page.
- The system automatically creates contact notes when a user emails or generates letters during the recruiting process. For example, the system creates applicant contact notes when a user:
- Generates ad hoc correspondence (Send Correspondence).
- Forwards an applicant.
- Generates an interview letter.
- Includes applicant attachments to a job offer.
- Users can manually create notes (with optional attachments) to record interactions that were not automatically captured.
- Applicant Notes Visibility
- Adding the job opening ID to the Applicant Note ensures that only those associated to the job opening have access to read the note. Anyone who is not associated with the job opening will not be able to see the Applicant Note.
- If a job opening ID is not added, then the note is visible to all Recruiters and TA Coordinators.
- Viewing, creating, or editing Applicant Contact Notes is restricted to Recruiter and TA Coordinator roles.
- The Applicant Notes functionality of TAM can be used to record the date, time, contact method, audience, subject, details and who asked the required sexual violence or sexual harassment questions of the final candidate and during the reference check of the final candidate (UPS Operational Policy TC1: Recruitment).
A. Review Applicant Contact Notes
1. Navigate to the Applicant either through Search Job Opening or Search Applications. See KB TAM - Search for Job Opening or By Application or TAM - Recruiting Home Page , for additional information.
2. Click on the Applicant's name.
3. From the Manage Applicant page select the Notes tab.
4. You will see a list of Notes in the Notes Summary Sectio,, details appear for the specific note below in the Note Details section; the Notes Summary section will be blank if no notes have been added.
5. To edit or resend a note, click the Pencil icon.
B. Manually Add an Applicant Note
1. Click the Add Applicant Note button.
2. Use the Applicant Notes page to document applicant communications and add any attachments.
3. Update the Date contacted.
4. Select a Contact Method from the drop down.
5. Select the appropriate Audience (Public).
- 1. Public means that anyone who has access can see the note (recommended).
2. Private notes can only be seen by the author.
6. Add Job Opening ID.
- 1. This ties the note to a specific Job Opening and restricts the notes
visibility to only those Recruiters and TA Coordinators who are
associated with the Job Opening.
2. Use the Search Icon (Magnifying Glass) to Look Up and select the Job Opening.
7. Enter a Subject. i.e. Required Questions for Final Candidate and Employment References.
8. Document Details about the communication.
- You can optionally spell-check the note text, click the Spell Check Notes button.
9. Use the Add Attachment button to include any attachments.
- Once an attachment has been uploaded you will be able to enter a description.
10. When finished click the Save button.
11. The Note now appears in the Note Summary.
12. Click Save when you are finished adding and reviewing notes.