Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Payroll (PY)
PY - Run No Appointment Level Funding Report
You can run the No Appointment Level Funding Report to display the names of new or existing employees that may not have funding properly set up in PeopleSoft HRS prior to the Payroll Confirmation for the current Pay Run ID. The query should be run for your particular campus, division or department after each nightly preliminary payroll calculation (e.g. Monday morning, Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning) of a payroll processing week.
The query results display employees who have calculated pay, but are missing either Appointment or Position level funding for all or part of their pay period. For each unique Org Dept listed on the No Appt-Level Funding Report results, you will need to determine whether or not Department-level funding exists for the current fiscal year. In the absence of either Appointment or Position-level funding, the salary expense will be distributed to Department-level funding, if it was previously added. Otherwise, the employee's salary expense will be distributed to PRSUSP (Payroll Suspense).
For more information about the different levels of salary funding and how they are distributed at the time of payroll processing, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 21872, Salary Funding Levels Assigned During Payroll Processing.
NOTE: If your campus/division/department business process dictates that certain types of appointments (i.e. Student Help) will be funded with Department-level funding instead of Appointment-level funding, please disregard these types of employees on the report results.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to that section:
HRS Security Role Required to Run this Query: FI Campus User Funding Reports
Information Needed for this Query: Campus alpha code identifier.
1. From the HRS Main Menu, use navigation path: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer.
2. In the Query Viewer search screen:
a. The Search By: field defaults to Query Name. Leave as is.
b. The begins with field is blank. Enter all or part of the query name (e.g. UW_FI_NO_APPT_LVL_FUNDING).
c. Click the Search button.
3. The Search Results displays query names beginning with UW_FI_NO_APPT. (See screenshot below).
a. You can produce the query results in either HTML (HyperText Markup Language) format or to an Excel spreadsheet.
b. Other options are to schedule the query to run at a specific time, or to add the query to your Favorites list.
Tip: To save time locating and running the No Appt-Level Funding Report, click the Favorite hyperlink under the Add to Favorites column, in the Search Results area to create a list of My Favorite Queries.
4. In the Query Viewer, Search Results screen, locate the query UW_FI_NO_APPT_LVL_FUNDING (No Appt-Level Funding Report), and click the HTML link to run the query results in a new browser window/tab.
5. The UW_FI_NO_APPT_LVL_FUNDING - No Appt-Level Funding Report new window/tab opens, and lists three required search fields (Pay Run ID, Fiscal Year, Org Dept).
a. In the Pay Run ID required field, enter the desired Pay Run ID, if known (e.g. 2014BW01A). If unknown, click on the look up icon to choose from a list of valid Pay Run IDs.
Note: Pay Run IDs begin with the 4-digit calendar year, then either BW for biweekly or UNC for Unclassified, Monthly, then the 2-digit month; if biweekly, an alpha code A, B, or C represents the first, second or third biweekly payroll of the month.
Reference: For a list of Pay Run IDs for calendar year 2014, refer to the 2014 Pay Schedules.
|IMPORTANT: In order to return query results, a preliminary payroll calc must have been run for the specified Pay Run ID.|
b. In the Fiscal Year required field, enter the four digit fiscal year 2014. (Fiscal Year 2014 began July 1, 2013 and ends June 30, 2014).
c. In the Org Dept required field (Organizational Dept -- also known as appointing dept or major dept), enter all or part of the 7-character Org Dept which starts with your campus alpha identifier (e.g. A961120). If a partial Org Dept is entered, you must use the percent character % as a wildcard (e.g. A96% or A961%).
Note: You can also enter % to run for all departments.
d. To view the query results, click the View Results button.
Note: If you receive the message, "No matching values were found", one of three conditions has occurred:
(1) You neglected to enter information in all three required search fields (Pay Run ID, Fiscal Year, Org Dept).
(2) Your HRS Security access does not allow you to view query results.
(3) Your campus, division, department does not have any employees who are missing either Appointment-level funding or Position-level funding for all or part of their pay period. No further action is needed.
Example of Query Results for a Biweekly Pay Run ID
Example of Query Results for a Monthly Pay Run ID
6. For each unique Org Dept listed on the No Appt-Level Funding Report query results, you will need to determine whether or not Department-level funding exists for the current Fiscal Year.
Note: The descriptions for each column heading listed on the query results are listed below:
Reference: To view an employee's job data record, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 18124, HR - View Job Inquiry/Employee Job Data Record in HRS .
a. Business Unit = 5-character campus abbreviation (e.g. UWMSN) where the employee's appointment is located (as listed on the HR Job Data record, Work Location tab)
b. Org Dept = appointing department where the employee's job is located (as listed on the HR Job Data record, Work Location tab)
c. Dept Description = descriptive name of the Org Dept (as listed on the HR Job Data Record, Work Location tab)
d. Empl ID = 8-digit unique employee ID (as listed on the HR Job Data record)
e. Empl Rcd = employee record number which represents the primary or secondary job(s) of the employee at the Business Unit and Org Dept (as listed on the HR Job Data record)
f. Name = employee's name (as listed on the HR Job Data record)
g. Empl Class = employee classification category (as listed on the HR Job Data record, Job Information tab). For example, SH = Student Hourly; CP = University Staff Ongoing (Classified Permanent); CJ = University Staff Project - FT Finite (Classified Project); CL = University Staff Temporary Employment (TE) (Classified Limited Term Employee (LTE)); AS = Academic Staff.
Reference: For a complete list of employee classification categories, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 15813, HR - Empl Class Overview .
h. Pay Group = 3-character Pay Group code, as listed on the HR Job Data record, Payroll tab. An employee's Pay Group code determines which UW Payroll Calendar is associated with their job, with specific Pay Period Begin and End Dates. For example, if the Pay Group code begins with the letter, "H", the employee's job is linked to the Biweekly Pay Schedule.
Reference: For a list of Pay Group descriptions, and their associated UW Payroll Calendars, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 29890, PY - Pay Group Descriptions .
7. It is helpful to have two sessions open as you view the No Appt-Level Funding Report query results in one screen, and use a second HRS session to search for department-level funding for each unique Org Dept listed on the query results.
With the No Appt-Level Funding Report results on screen, switch to the Query Viewer window/tab, and click on the New Window hyperlink. This opens a new PeopleSoft HRS session window. (See screenshot below).
8. In the new PeopleSoft HRS window, if you are not at the main Menu, you can click on the Home hyperlink (at the top portion of the screen) to return to the main Menu. (See screenshot below).
9. In the new window, navigate to the Funding Data Entry page, Find an Existing Value tab, to search for Fiscal Year 2014 department-level funding for each unique Org Dept listed on the No Appt-Level Funding query results. Menu navigation is: Set Up HRMS > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Budget Funding Data Entry; Find an Existing Value tab.
Tip: Make the Funding Data Entry page a "Favorite" by clicking on the Add to Favorites link in the upper right-hand portion of the HRS screen.
a. The SetID field defaults to SHARE. Leave as is. Do not change.
b. The Business Unit field defaults to your 5-character campus abbreviation (e.g. UWMSN). If your HRS Security access allows you to do so, you can select a different Business Unit to match the results of the No Appt-Level Funding Report.
c. In the Department field, copy or enter the 7-character Org Dept from the No Appt-Level Funding Report results. (Note: The Org Dept is also known as the appointing department or major department).
d. In the Fiscal Year field, enter the four digit fiscal year 2014 from the No Appt-Level Funding Report.
e. In the Budget Level field, click on the drop-down arrow, and select Department.
f. Select Include History to view future, current, and historical records.
g. Click Search to display the results of your search parameters.
Note: If you see the message, "No matching values were found," this means no department-level funding was entered for the specified Org Dept for Fiscal Year 2014. In this case, we recommend that you add appointment level funding for the employee's salary expense. (Refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 29976, FN - Add Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense .
10. The Funding Data Entry page displays Department-level funding for Fiscal Year 2014 for the Org Dept listed on the No Appt-Level Funding Report. (See screenshot above).
Tip: To view an employee's job record, use the New Window hyperlink to open another HRS session. In the new HRS session, navigate to: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data. See also HRS KnowledgeBase document, View Job Inquiry/Employee Job Data Record in HRS.
a. The *Effective Date field displays the current (or future) Funding Effective Date.
b. The Funding Distribution section displays the Fund code, Funding Department, Program code, Project/Grant, if applicable, and funding distribution percentage for the Department-level funding record. All employees with this Org Dept listed on the No Appt-Level Funding Report will have this Department-level funding for their salary expenses.
c. If the Department-level funding information is what you want for all the employees with this Org Dept listed on the No Appt-Level Funding Report, no further action is needed.
d. If you wish to add Appointment-level funding or Position-level funding, you will need to do so before the Payroll Confirmation date. (Refer to Related Job Aids below for instructions on how to do so).
11. Close any new windows you may have open.
12. To sign out of PeopleSoft HRS, click the Sign out hyperlink, located at the top right part of the screen.
13. You have successfully run the query, No Appt-Level Funding Report, and used the information to search for Fiscal Year 2014 department-level funding on the Funding Data Entry, Find an Existing Value page.
Calendar Year 2014 Pay Schedules (includes Pay Run IDs)
Academic Payroll Calendars for 9-month Employees (all campuses)
Summer 2014 Payroll Calendars (all campuses)
FN - Salary Funding Levels Assigned During Payroll Processing
FN - Add Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
FN - Add Position Level Funding for Employees' Salary Expense
FN - View Department Level Funding for Employees' Salary Expense
PY - Pay Group Descriptions
HR - Empl Class Overview
HR - View Job Inquiry/Employee Job Data Record in HRS