This document shows how to search and view one or more appointing Department IDs with Department-level funding for Fiscal Year 2014. Department level funding is distributed to employee's salary expenses (e.g. earnings, deductions, and taxes) during payroll processing, if they do not have Appointment-level funding or Position-level funding entered by the Payroll Confirmation deadline.
Department-level funding is used throughout the UW System campuses in a couple of ways:
Before this Procedure: Department-level funding was added previously for Fiscal Year 2014. [Refer to FN - Add Department Level Funding for Employees' Salary Expense .]
1. From the HRS Main Menu, use navigation path: Set Up HRMS > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Budget Funding Data Entry.
2. In the Funding Data Entry screen, the Find an Existing Value tab displays searchable fields.
a. The SetID field defaults to SHARE. Leave as is.
b. The Business Unit field defaults to your campus. If your HRS Security allows you to do so, you may select a different Business Unit or campus, if needed.
3. Enter information in the Find an Existing Value tab to search for Department-level funding:
a. In the Department field, enter part or all of the 7 character Org/Appointing Department (begins with alpha campus code identifier), if known (e.g. A482400).
b. If the 7-character Department field is unknown, or if you wish to search by Division, for multiple Department IDs with Department-level funding for Fiscal Year 2014, see section Search for Multiple Departments in Step 4 below.
Note: You can also use the data lookup icon to locate the desired appointing Department ID.
c. In the Fiscal Year field, enter the current four digit fiscal year 2014.
Note: Fiscal Year 2014 began July 1, 2013 and ends June 30, 2014.
d. In the Budget Level field, select Department.
e. Select the Include History indicator so that a checkmark displays. (This allows you to view future, current, and historical funding records for the appointing Department during the fiscal year).
f. Click the Search button to display results.
Note: If you receive the message, No matching values were found, this means no Department level funding has been added for the campus, appointing Department, and Fiscal Year specified in your search parameters.
a. The top part of the Funding Data Entry screen shows the appointing Department (e.g. A482400) and the Fiscal Year (e.g. 2014).
Note: You can distinguish the appointing department from the funding department because the appointing department always has the alpha campus code identifier (e.g. A, B, C, etc.). For a list of alpha campus code identifiers, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 16632, UWSC Support - List of Campus Code Identifiers .
b. The Budget Data section shows the radio button is selected for Department. This means all employees in this Department (e.g. A482400 - English) will have Department-level funding distributed to their salary expenses, if they do not have active Appointment or Position level funding for their job record number(s).
c. The Funding Distribution section at the bottom of the screen shows current (or future) department-level funding for Fiscal Year 2014. This funding will remain in effect for the rest of Fiscal Year 2014, unless it is changed.
Note: If you have view-only access, you will be unable to modify current Department-level funding information.
d. In the Funding Distribution section, the Used by Distribution Process indicator displays whether or not a payroll process or salary encumbrance process has distributed the funding combination codes for all employees affected by Department level funding.
(1) If the Used by Distribution Process indicator is checked , this means either a payroll process or a salary encumbrance process has distributed the funding combination codes for employees with Department level funding. (See screenshot below).
(2) If the Used by Distribution Process indicator is blank or "unchecked" , the Department level funding combination codes have not yet been distributed by payroll or a salary encumbrance process for employees in your Department.
Note: This could be because employees in your Department have either Appointment level funding or Position level funding which take precedence over Department level funding.
TIP: You can run the Employee Funding Summary Report in PeopleSoft HRS to identify whether employees have Appointment, Position, or Department-level funding; as well as when employees are without funding. Refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 17922, HRS Financials - Employee Funding Summary Report.
6. To exit from the Funding Data Entry screen, click the Home hyperlink, located at the top right part of the screen.
7. You have successfully searched and displayed current (or future-dated) Department-level funding combination codes for Fiscal Year 2014, for one or more appointing departments.
|Keywords:||training, funding, view, department, department-level, earnings, suspense, funding data entry, budget, placeholder, deductions, taxes||Doc ID:||21088|
|Owner:||Susan A.||Group:||Human Resource System (HRS)|
|Created:||2011-11-01 16:36 CST||Updated:||2015-01-08 13:16 CST|
|Sites:||Human Resource System (HRS)|
|Feedback:||2 2 Comment Suggest a new document|