Topics Map > PD LEARNING PATH > FN Learning Path
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Finance (FN)
FN - Run Report Showing Employee Funding Becoming Inactive
You can run a PeopleSoft HRS report to list funding rows (from the employee's Funding Data Entry page) where the Project/Grant or funding Department will become inactive over a specified future date range. This information allows you to be proactive if you need to change the employee's Appointment-level funding before it becomes invalid.
- If Department-level funding will become invalid during the specified date range, a Department-level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee names
- If Position-level funding will become invalid during the specified date range, a Position-level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee name
- HRS Security Role Needed: FI Campus User Funding Reports; also see FN - Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus
PROCEDURE STEPS:1. From the HRS Main Menu, navigate to: UW Financial Reports > Proj/Dept Inactive Fund Report.
2. Enter or create a Run Control ID, see KB PD - Setting Up Run Control IDs for more information.
3. In the Inactive Fund Rpt tab:
- Business Unit - required - enter the 5-character Business Unit abbreviation for your campus (e.g., UWMSN)
- Funding Dept - optional - enter all or part of the 6-digit funding department or leave blank to include all funding departments; if you enter a partial funding department, you must use the percent character as a wildcard (e.g., 5311%).
- Begin Date - required - choose a beginning date that is set in the future (or prior to the next Payroll Confirmation deadline).
- End Date - required - choose an ending date that is set in the future (or prior to the next Payroll Confirmation deadline).
4. Click the Run button.
Note: The option for CSV (comma separated value) allows you to open the file in an Excel spreadsheet.6. To run the report, click OK.
7. Use the Process Monitor and View Trace/Log to monitor and view your report, see KB PD - Viewing the Process Monitor for more information
8. Select the the output file format selected in Step 6, click on the file name to view the report results.
9. The Employee Funding Becoming Inactive report results open in a new window. It is sorted by Funding Dept, Employee Name, Empl ID (employee ID), Empl Rcd (employee record number), and Project ID. A page break occurs with each distinct funding department.
- Appointment-level funding row(s) display for employees whose funding will become inactive due to a Project ending or a funding department closing.
- For each employee identified on the report results, you should analyze the message indicated in the Problem column.
Note: You may need to view personnel-related actions on the employee's Job Data record to complete your analysis.
- You will need to change the employee's appointment funding before the Project ends or the funding department closes.
Note: For instructions, refer to FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense .
Screenshot Example of Project Ending for Employees with Appointment Level Funding
Note: You will need to change the Department-level funding before the project ends or the funding department closes. For instructions, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase FN - Add or Change Department Level Funding for an Organizational Department .
11. When finished analyzing the report results, close the window.
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- FN - Add or Change Department Level Funding for an Organizational Department
- FN - Add or Change Position Level Funding for Employee Salary Expenses
- FN - Finance Report List
- FN - Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus
- PD - Setting Up Run Control IDs
- PD - Viewing the Process Monitor