Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > UWSC Support (SC)
UWSC Support - Cypress Web Client Installation Instructions
Cypress is an Electronic Report Distribution program that the UW Service Center uses for various reporting needs. This document will be used by the UW Service Center staff for installing the program, Cypress, on your computer and navigating around within the Inbox.
- Users will need a Cypress account to log in to the Cypress Web Client. Use the link below to request an account. Cypress User Authorization Request (Add, Change, Remove)
- At minimum, your Windows account must have security rights that allows you to install the software on your computer.
- You MUST use 32 Bit Microsoft Internet Explorer and enable ActiveX controls.
- You cannot install Cypress on any OSX platform. Cypress is a Windows based software that uses ActiveX within 32-bit Internet Explorer browsers. Note: 64 bit Internet Explorer browsers are not compatible.
- If you are having a security problem during the installation, please click here to read extra instructions.
Internet Explorer versions 10 and 11 guidelines:
- Open your browser and make sure it is the active window.
- Press ALT on your keyboard to show the the Tools menu
- Select the "Compatibility View Settings" and add wisc.edu to the list.
- You may also need to turn off the "ActiveX Filter" for this web site. Make sure ActiveX Filtering is unchecked.
1) Current users MUST uninstall any previous versions of Cypress prior to installing the latest version.
- Note: you may need the help of your local IT support person to add/remove software.
3) Click here to start the installation process.
4) Click the "Run" button on the pop up window.
5) Your installation will begin, please wait until it finishes.
6) If you are having problems, Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Click Here to see instructions on how to change your current Cypress Password.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:Related KBs:
- Cypress User Authorization Requests
- Click here for instructions on how to do ad hoc data extracts from Cypress documents and import the data into an Excel worksheet.
- 32 Bit, Version 7.2 Capture Driver
- 64 Bit, Version 7.2 Capture Driver