Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > UW Shared Services AG Support (AG)
UWSS Support - Cypress Reporting Access and ASG Cypress software instructions
Cypress is an Electronic Report Distribution program that the UW Shared Service supports in liaison to the UW Madison DoIT Reporting team for various human resources reporting needs. This document will be used by University System human resources staff for installing the program, ASG-Cypress, on an end user's computer.
- To access/use the Cypress installed client, users will need to use Internet Explorer 10 or later.
- Cypress user accounts can be submitted/modified by using the following web forms.
Cypress User Authorization Request (Add, Change, Remove)
- Click Here to see instructions on how to change your current Cypress Password.
- For users that have access to Tax and Earnings statement queries, the Cypress installed client will be needed.
Access to the Cypress Web Client
- Web Client access
- For users that have security access to Tax and Earnings statement queries, the Cypress web client access does NOT provide access to the Knowledge Builder tool that is needed to perform those queries.
- Thick Client
- For users that have security access to Tax and Earnings statement queries, the Cypress thick client (installed software) DOES provide access to the Knowledge Builder tool that is needed to perform those queries.
Internet Explorer version 10 (or later) requirements
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to http://cypress.doit.wisc.edu.
- In the Internet Explorer browser menu, click the Settings menu (Cog icon).
- Select the "Compatibility View Settings".
- Check to see that wisc.edu is not listed.
- REMOVE wisc.edu from the list.
- You may also need to turn OFF the "ActiveX Filter" for this web site. Make sure ActiveX Filtering is unchecked within your Internet Explorer menu.
- Windows Cypress Software
- At minimum, your Windows account must have security rights that allows you to install the software on your computer.
- You MUST use Microsoft Internet Explorer to access/use the installed version of Cypress.
- You cannot install Cypress installed software on any Mac OSX platform. Cypress is a Windows based software that uses ActiveX within 32-bit Internet Explorer browsers. Note: 64 bit Internet Explorer browsers are not compatible.
Remove Old Cypress Client Software Instructions
- Note: you may need the help of your local IT support person to add/remove software.
- Access your computer's Programs and Features menu by typing appwiz.cpl into your Windows Search menu (AKA Cortana).
- Locatethe Cypress programs that are installed on your computer and click the Uninstall button while selecting each of the Cypress programs individually.
Remove/Uninstall the Cypress UI program first.
- Remove the Cypress UI program first and then remove all other listed programs (see image above).
- After removing all previous versions of Cypress, there is no need to restart your computer.
Installing Cypress Version 9 (latest) Software
- Go to https://reportdistribution.doit.wisc.edu/cypress/launch-cypress/.
- Scroll down to the "Installation Instructions" section on the page.
- Click "Run" on the dialog box at the bottom of your screen.
- The installation will start.
- The installation will start. Accept all default settings of the installation and view/agree to the terms of usage.
- When the installation is complete, go to the Cypress Launch page and click the "Launch Cypress Installed Client (V9)*" link.
- You will see the Report Distribution Full Client page.
- Check the items in the Internet Explorer Versions 10 or Later Requirements (above) section to see to it that your browser settings are set up correctly for access.
- Click the link/button to activate Cypress.
- You might be prompted for "DocuVault Reconnection".
Click "Try Again" or "Retry" to this error.
- Type in your userID and password (no domain needed here).
- Cypress "Main Window" will open and you can start using Cypress.
Click the "link" to start the installation.
*NOTE If you are prompted with anything related to the safety of the software (see image below), go ahead and allow the installation to run anyway.
Click "More info" to allow the program to run.
Then click "Run Anyway".
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESRelated KBs: