Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - Self Service Updating Other Health Insurance Information
This document shows an employee how to update their Other Health Insurance and Medicare Information through Self Service.
- Employees should be updating this information whenever a change occurs to their Other Health Insurance or Medicare Information. This is used for Coordination of Benefits between insurances to determine primary payment responsibility between the health vendors.
- You may not enroll in a High Deductible Health Plan and Health Savings Account if you have other health insurance or you are covered by Medicare.
- Log in to MyUW System Portal (UW Madison employees using Self Service please use MyUW Portal).
- Click on the Personal Information link (please note your dashboards may be in a different place on the screen.)
- Click on Update My Personal Information link.
Update Coordination of Benefits
- Select Coordination of Benefits from the left menu.
- To change the answer for "My spouse/domestic partner is also a State of WI employee", click in the response field and the answer will change between yes and no.
- To update Other Health Insurance information, pick from the Other Health Insurance drop down list.
- If your answer is 'Yes', then list all known information regarding the other insurance using the following three fields: Insurance Company Name, Insurance Policy Number, Insurance Group Number.
- Press Save when all information has been entered and a green success bar will appear momentarily at the top of the page.
Update Medicare Information
- Select Medicare Information from the left menu.
- Enter the effective date of medicare coverage and your Medicare Number.
- In the 'Medicare A Indicator' and/or 'Medicare B Indicator' field, if applicable,
- Change indicator by clicking in the Yes/No field.
- Select a Reason from the drop down list.
- Click the Save button and a green success banner will appear briefly at the top of the page.
- Document 55920 is unavailable at this time. (Please note: This document is active only during ABE)
- Document 20420 is unavailable at this time. (Please note: This document is active only during ABE)