Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - WED - WRS Prior Service Mismatch
The WRS Prior Service Mismatch is an error report created to notify campus Benefits and/or HR Administrators of employees who have different values entered into their Previous WRS Local Service, Previous WRS State Service, WRS Before July 1, 2011 or Rehired Annuitant across more than one Employee Record (Empl_Rcd). These errors will appear on the WED notifying credentialed users who need to research and update the appropriate values.
- Benefit Administrators must complete a WRS Prior Service check to determine appropriate values prior to following the steps in this procedure. (See: BN - Looking up Prior WRS Service in ETFOne )
- If historical information on UW Benefits Tab needs to be corrected, please open a ticket with your Affinity Group. UWSC will correct the historical information.
- If no data is found, access OneNet ETF (See KB BN - Looking up Prior WRS Service in ETFOne Looking Up Prior WRS Service) to find the employee's correct data to be entered into the UW Benefits Tab prior service fields. Institutions can update the top row, by adding an effective dated row and sequencing it to update this information.
2. Click on the UW_BN_WRS_PRSVC_MISMATCH Error ID hyperlink.
Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, DeptID (1), DeptID - Like (7), Show Claimed, Show Completed.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box. Your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click the hyperlink to UW_BN_JOB_DATA
5. Note the discrepancy in the Previous WRS Local Service, Previous WRS State Service, WRS Before July 1, 2011 and/or the Rehired Annuitant fields between all active employee records (Empl_Rcd). It is also important to review the Benefit Service Date for accuracy and make updates when appropriate.
- The Effective Date used must equal the hire/rehire date.
- You will need to enter an Effective Sequence equal to the current row +1. (i.e. current row = 0, enter 1 in this field)
- Action = Data Change
- Reason = BN Eligibility Update
- The Prior Service field will need to be updated as needed on each Empl Rcd. Click the Next in List and Previous in List buttons to navigate between Empl Rcds. Within each Empl Rcd, click the right and left row buttons to find every Effective Date and maximum Effective Sequence for each date.
9. Close this window to return to the Error Query Summary Page.
10. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
11. Click Home link to return to the main WED page
- You can also click the Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
12. Upon successful completion of the employee's error and nightly updates, the employee will fall off the list.
- UW Shared Services - Get help from the UWSS Service Operations Support Team
- TE - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- BN - Looking up Prior WRS Service in ETFOne
- BN - Rebuild Primary Job Flag
- HR - WED - UW New Hire Hold Report
- BN - WED - Incorrect Benefits Service Date