Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)

BN - Benefits Billing Requesting Refunds


This procedure provides steps to take when an employees has overpaid insurance premiums in Benefits Billing and requires a refund.


  • If a refund needs to be issued to the employee, the payment(s) and charge(s) must be adjusted in Benefits Billing by the UWSS Benefits Team. Either a reallocation of the payment is processed or a paper check is issued to the employee.

1. Refund requests are made via a WiscIT initiated by either the UW Institution or the UWSS Reconciliation Team.
Note: The ticket must clearly indicate if funds should be reallocated or if a paper refund check should be issued to the employee.
2. To see the actual adjustments in HRS, navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Calculate and Review Charges > Review Charge Details, enter the EMPLID and click search.

Replacement pic 1

3. To see the description of the adjustments in HRS, navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Make Adjustments > Review Adjustment Summary, enter the EMPLID and click search.

replacement pic 2


Related KBs: Related Links:

Keywords:back out reconciliation SFS adjustment adjust payment recon holistic review SFS employer share journal entries refund check refund refund benefit billing credit credit benefit billing   Doc ID:72792
Owner:Christina S.Group:Human Resource System (HRS)
Created:2017-04-21 09:08 CDTUpdated:2020-04-13 10:22 CDT
Sites:Human Resource System (HRS)
Feedback:  0   0