Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources (HR)
HR - Mass Job Update Process
A Mass Update is a batch process to assist the institutions with large amount of data that needs to be changed in HRS
- The HR mass update process is designed for making more than 100 employee changes. Fewer changes are handled most efficiently by hand-keying.
- Email request must be sent to the Shared Services Affinity Group via a WiscIT three weeks prior to Pay Period Start Date.
- Shared Services will run a query based on the desired selection criteria and populate a Mass Update Template.
- The pre-populated template will be returned to the institution for review. After review and final updating of the standardized excel template, it must be re-submitted to the UW-Shared Services a minimum of two weeks prior to the final calc and confirm for the first affected pay period.
- UW-Shared Services will process the mass load update in HRS within one week of receiving the updated excel template. A post update report will be provided to the institution upon completion, detailing the records that were updated and any errors.
- Retroactive increases are not allowed per policy.
- Updates can be performed on:
- Compensation Rate
- Expected Job End Date (EJED)
- Reports To
- Organizational Department tied to a Job
- Location tied to a Job
- Position of Trust
- Mass Job Updates can not be made to Modify a Person
- For Appointment Level Funding mass updates, - See KB Running the Mass Funding Update in HRS
A. WiscIT Request
To initiate a Mass Job Update request, email your Shared Services Affinity Group with the following information:
- Type of update to be performed (e.g., Compensation, Location, Org Dept etc.)
- Provide desired selection criteria of population (e.g., Dept ID, Empl Classes)
- Which payroll you are aiming to have the updates completed by, or other timing considerations. (Recommend that the effective date be the first day of the pay period).
- A pre-populated template will be provided for your review of the requested data. Review, update and return the template and confirm for the first affected pay period.
- The Cover Sheet tab identifies which fields are required for the upload.
- If there are employees in the list who should not receive a change, DELETE the row from the spreadsheet. Do NOT use filters or hide employees.
- Once you have verified the data is correct, reply via WiscIT and attach the updated file.
- We recommend having records loaded into HRS before the first preliminary calculation of the payroll requested.
- The Mass Job Update results will be emailed to the requestor. It will include several tabs:
- Updated - All job rows that were successfully loaded
- Errors - All job rows that could not be loaded
- Warnings - All job rows that were updated but require review.
- UWSS Support - Get help from the UWSS Service Operations Support Team
- HR Report List for HRS
- Finance Report List in HRS