Time is entered by employees. Time Administration processes nightly to analyze the entered time according to UW rules. Exceptions are created for time which meets specific criteria, such as a punch reporter with a missing OUT punch or a punch reporter with reported hours for a shift greater than 12 hours. This procedure provides steps to review and approve the exceptions.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
This completes the Approve Exceptions procedure. Note: Time Exceptions may also be reviewed and approved through the timesheet.
- To review time exceptions, navigate to Manager Self Service > Time Management > Approve Time and Exceptions > Exceptions. Supervisors and managers will access this page through the My UW or MyUW System portal.
- On the Manage Exceptions page, to get a list of employees who have timesheet exceptions, click Get Employees; or enter Group ID, EmplID, Last Name/First Name, Business Unit, Job Code, Department, or Workgroup, then Get Employees. For an overview of employee search options, please refer to user procedure TL - Employee Search Options .
- Exceptions will be listed for the specific employee or all the employees within the parameter.
- To limit the exceptions to a specific time period or employee, click Filter Options.
- Within the Filter Options, enter the data you want to filter. For example, using the Date filter allows you to see exceptions for a time period. Change the Date filter option to "between." Using the "between" option allows you to enter a date range.
- Click OK.
- If there are exceptions for the date or period, exceptions for the date or time period are listed.
- An overview of time exceptions which may occur is listed in Time and Labor Exceptions.xls. Use this overview if an exception requires further analysis.
- Review the listed exceptions.
- If the exceptions do not require further investigation, they may be allowed.
- Click the open box(es) under the Allow column, or click the Select All button.
NOTE: Review all "HIGH" severity exceptions, if the exception can be allowed, to determine whether the exception should actually be allowed.
- Click Save.
- The Save Confirmation page is presented, confirming the Save was successful.
- Click OK.
- You are returned to the Manage Exceptions page. Note: Some allowable exceptions require that Time Admin be re-run to create the payable time (high severity).