Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - Printing a Manual Benefits Billing Invoice
This KB explains how to create and print a MANUAL invoice for an employee that is enrolled in benefit billing. This will be used when we need to create an invoice outside of the normal monthly benefits billing calculation process which is run on the Tuesday evening, on or before to the 20th of each month.
- Benefit billing invoices are mailed to the employees once a month on the Wednesday, on or before the 20th of each month, by UW Shared Services (UWSS) - Service Operations. These invoices are loaded to Cypress where they are maintained for 90 days. If you need to reprint an existing invoice, see BN - Reprint Benefits Billing Invoices.
- You run the reprint/print process when we wish to create a manual invoice that includes any charge adjustment or manual charge entry following the initial load to Cypress by UWSS Service Operations. Submit a ticket to the UWSS if you need charge adjustments processed for your employee.
- An employee is identified as missing the last two months of deductions a few days after the monthly invoices have been mailed. You need to create and mail an MANUAL invoice immediately. First, you create the charges through the benefit billing manual charge entry process. (KB for Creating Manuals Charges in Benefit Billing is being created) Once the charges have been created you run the reprint/print process using the current benefit billing period (i.e. Today's date 3/20/2017 = 1704)
- An employee is going on a LOA for the next six-months and they are requesting an invoice for the future charges so they may prepay. First, you create the benefit billing charges through the benefit billing manual charges entry process. Once the charges have been created you run the reprint/print process using the future benefit billing period. (i.e. Today's date 3/20/2017, returning 10/1/2017 use benefit billing period 1709 which is the September 2017 deduction month.)
- Print ID: This represents what identifier you want to give to your reprint statement creation process. You may use up to six characters that are easily remembered.
1. Navigate to the Reprint Statement page: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Create Statements > Reprint Statements
2. Click Add New Value
3. Enter a Print ID and click Add button
4. Enter relevant billing period (format is YYMM)
5. Enter the employee id that needs a reprint in the emplid box
6. If additional Empl ID’s are required, click the (+) button
7. When all Empl ID’s are entered click the Save button
8. Navigate to the Print Billing Statement Page: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Create Statements > Print Billing Statements
9. Click Add a New Value
10. Enter Run Control ID and click Add button
11. Accept default for Language – English
12. Verify accuracy of Billing Period field -- enter the most current benefits billing period that was processed. (Running for a future billing period can break the module.)
13. Enter CURRENT DATE in the field for Statement Date and Date for determining Past Due
14. Click Reprint Checkbox
15. Enter the Print ID you used on the Reprint Statement page and click Run
16. Click OK
17. Click Process Monitor link at the top of the page
18. Click on the Refresh button - Once Run Status reaches Success and Distribution Status reaches Posted, click on the Details link
19. On the Process Detail page, click View Log/Trace and select the PDF file from the file list
20. Review invoice statement, print and distribute to employee as applicable.