Topics Map > FILE TYPE > PDF
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources
HRS HR - Action/Action Reason Code Job Aid
This job aid is to assist end users who will perform data entry and corrections in the HRS system to know which codes are appropriate for various actions. End users should refer to this document to ensure that the action/action reasons selected match contractual or policy language.
Procedure At-a-GlanceCategory: HRS HR Job Aid
Audience: HR Professionals, report writers
Overarching Process: All HR position and job actions.
Jump to Procedure Steps (below)
Jump to Related Policies/Job Aids (below)
With the implementation of HRS, practices that existed in the legacy system are being revised due to the functionality related to the new system. This job aid will be used by all staff who add, modify or terminate positions or job data with action/action reason codes. The list of action/action reason codes is quite extensive and in some cases very unique to specific situations, employment classes, or union contracts. The lists attached are divided by "action" and then the action reasons are listed with comments that will guide the end user to selecting the appropriate combination.
Click on the following pdf documents to view the Action/Action Reason codes and the brief explanation of usage within HRS:
- Correct Pay Rate Actions 2012.pdf
- Data Actions 2013.pdf
- Hire Actions 2012.pdf
- Leave of Absence Actions 2012.pdf
- Pay Actions 2012
- Position Actions 2012
- Rehire Actions 2012.pdf
- Term Actions 2012
- Transfer Actions 2012.pdf
Below are process inputs, considerations, and forms links.
- Job add data form
- Position add data form
- Job change data form
- Position change data form
- Leave requests
For data integrity purposes end users should utilize this reference document to ensure the appropriate action/action reason is identified within HRS.
- A number of actions/action reasons will be inactivated within the first five years after go live. These will only remain active to identify pre HRS employees/actions that are carrying forward into HRS post go live. Some action/action reasons, such as "position consolidation" will be utilized for a short period of time after go live to allow campuses to add multiple incumbents into a position.