Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > Reference
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Recruitment
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Time and Labor
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Absence Management
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Finance
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Payroll
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Human Resources
HRS Support - Who To Contact For Help
This document will help differentiate which Help Desk (UW Service Center Support Team, your Campus Help Desk or Campus/Divisonal) provides support for the Human Resource System (HRS) including self service and the system portal.
The UW Service Center Support Team will be accessible 5 days a week, Monday thru Friday from 7:45 AM-4:30 PM. We have setup the following ways to get help:
Employees 855-4UW-SUPP (855-489-7877), 608-890-1501
- Live Chat
- Online Webform
- Knowledge Base http://kb.wisc.edu/hrs
With all these ways to contact us, the staff will be ready and able to help you!
What type of issues are handled by the UW Service Center Support Team?
- For UW Employees, call 1-855-4UW-SUPP and select Option 1. You will get help with the UW Portal including login, access, troubleshooting, and self service assistance.
- Password and authorization issues isolated to the UW Portal.
- Error messages when accessing the UW Portal or errors within the portal.
Note: Employees at all campuses except Madison will log in to the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu. For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see Logging in to My UW System Portal. UW-Madison employees will log in to the My UW Madison portal at https://my.wisc.edu instead and click on the Work Record tab.
- Navigation assistance within the system portal, including self service assistance.
- Missing critical information or portlets that you think you should have access to.
- For HRS Administrators & UW Employees w/non-technical questions, call 1-855-4UW-SUPP and select Option 2. You will get help as a UW Campus Professional Staff directly accessing the Human Resource System.
- Authorization issues, access rights to the system.
- Help with performing a certain function, navigation, and "how to issues."
- Help using Forms and Reports.
- Receiving error messages or a function not working properly.
- Assistance fixing an employees information.
What type of issues are handled by your Campus Help Desk?
- Authentication issues not related to the Human Resource System (HRS), UW Portal. An example would be that your password isn't working for any of your systems, these issues should go to your local Help Desk.
- General computer assistance and troubleshooting not related to the Human Resource System (HRS), the UW Portal, and Self Service.
What type of issues are handled by your Campus/Divisional HR Office?
- Personnel issues
- Policy questions and concerns
- Benefits, Payroll and Leave
- Anything not related to HRS or the UW Portal